I am so excited to announce that I will be teaming up with my awesome friend, Deanna, to become healthier. Every week on Friday we will both be posting updates on our fitness progress.
Here is what to expect each week:
- Overall progress with weight loss.
- My favorite meal.
- Weekly goals.
- My biggest accomplishment.
- My failures. (Hopefully they are few and far between.)
Here are the rules:
- I must post every Friday.
- I will weigh myself once a week, every Friday morning.
- Every five pounds lost will result in a reward (not food).
- I can have one cheat meal a week.
- I must follow the exercise program I am using. (I tend to get lazy with it.)
- I will post an updated photo every four weeks.
So which exercise program am I using? Good ol’ P90X! I started P90X last year and did really well for about a month. Then I got lazy. That can’t happen again. I will exercise Monday-Saturday and rest on Sunday. I will be using MyFitnessPal to track my diet.
What are my rewards when I lose five pounds?
- 5 lbs.- Fresh Flowers
- 10 lbs.- New Magazine Subscription
- 15 lbs.- Mani/Pedi
- 20 lbs.- Go to the Movies
- 25 lbs.- New Workout Outfit
- 30 lbs.- New Haircut
- 35 lbs.- New Camera Strap
- 40 lbs.- Go to the Aquarium
- 45 lbs.- Makeover
- 50 lbs.- New Book
- 55 lbs.- Spa Day
- 60 lbs.- New Camera Lens
- 65 lbs.- Visit New York
- 70 lbs.- New Wardrobe
Yes, that is a total of 70 lbs. My current weight is 225, and my goal weight is 155. It’s going to be hard, but I will have the support of friends and family and I really want this.
My goals for the week:
- Zero fried food.
- Only water to drink.
- Eat a salad everyday.
So, tune in every Friday for an update on our progress! Be sure to check out Deanna’s page for how she will be getting healthy! Also, I will be tracking my everyday healthy habits on Instagram! Follow me @kristendellis on IG.
Without further ado, here is my before photo. Oh, the irony of a photographer not liking their photo taken!
What about you? What are your goals this week to become healthier? Let me know if the comments!